Life can get tough at times, with the stress, anxiety, anger, sadness, and the difficult times you have no control over & so much more.
God hears us when we pray, His delay is not His denial. Every Challenge and obstacle you face is bound to happen (Ecclesiastes 3:4) ; to teach you a life lesson, to prepare you for the future ahead, or to give you an experience so you may be able to grow through what you went through, and make wise decisions. So do not throw in the towel yet, because God will sort you out.
In this post, i will be sharing with you some of the Things i do when i am feeling down or feel unmotivated, with the hope that it can help someone during those times. I believe everyone goes through that moment once in a while, and it is nothing to be ashamed of. What you do with your time during those moments is what counts, because it can further destroy you or build you. It’s all up to you and the choices and decisions you take or make, at that very moment. So be smart.
1. One thing, i have started doing more of is exercising! I do not exercise only to be fit. I exercise because of its many benefits and the fact that it protects my sanity, Yass!. It helps me release negative & toxic energy/stress. Exercise gives me this awesomazing feeling (made that word up, because the feeling is indescribable). So, include exercise gradually and daily into your lifestyle; it could be riding a bike, to having a morning or nature walk, jogging, hitting the gym, etc. After all, the only bad workout is the one you did not do😉.
~ “To enjoy the glow of glow of good health, you must exercise. It is a shame for mankind to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which the body is capable of.” ~
2. Believe and trust in God’s plan. I strongly believe that a stable spirit & soul starts from being mentally fit ( so work on your mind; the things you watch, fantasize about, etc. You need to cut everything that is unjust & unhealthy for your mind, your self and your emotional well-being, even if it means cutting certain people out of your life, etc).
I prefer to be active before i read the scripture or worship. For example, if i want to pray or meditate on the Word of God at 5 am. I would obviously wash my face, brush my teeth, a few stretching, etc to wake up before i can give my undivided attention to God because i need to be present in that moment, & it might be a different case for someone, that’s totally fine because we are all different in the way we do things.
Similarly, when you are going through a rough time, it is sometimes difficult to jump straight into the Word of God, because you are drained mentally, emotionally and spiritually. So figure out what makes you spiritually present/awake, it could be exercise, music, listening to a motivational video, the testimony of successful/ great people’s story & how they made it despite their various and many obstacles. Then Meditate on God’s plan and promises for you. Because He wants us to stay in contact with Him, through the good & bad times, so He can give us the enduring strength to overcome everything and anything life throws at us. So, don’t let your sufferings prevent you from shining, its not an excuse. We all suffer… some might suffer than others, but we all suffer and face challenges at a point in our life. So, Ask God to grant you the courage to change the things you can, and intervene on your behalf to overcome the things you can not change or have no control over. Because He will always be with you and me.
3. I cheer myself up by writing/blogging. I love to write/blog because it is one of the few times i really come out of my comfort zone. I am able to express my thoughts, share tips, advice and other random stuffs via this blog and YouTube. I feel the most productive and positive when i write because not only do i want to help people with the content i share, but i also want to inspire and improve upon myself, because i learn something new everyday. No matter how down i am or feel, writing helps me reach a peaceful state of mind & being. It brings me joy, and adds purpose to my life, because i get to share advice, tips, honest opinions, etc with readers on this blog. So, find something that means a lot to you or brings you joy or satisfaction, it could be a reason or purpose for living , a hobby, a talent, work and so much more. Be Strong and smile it all out, even when it seems impossible, because no condition lasts forever, it will never be permanent, if you also work towards it.
4. Do things that brings you inner joy & peace. It could be painting, dancing, meditation, cleaning/tidying or organizing your space, dressing up, watching a movie, baking, etc. Try to do anything helpful and worthwhile to center yourself away from your stress and problems.
I like to watch action movies, comedy or movies based on true stories, and indulge in creative stuff(s). Movies are inspiring and fun to watch; Nikita helped me build my confidence because she was smart, strong & fearless; Queen of Katwe taught me that you should never give up on your dream, and that you can make it Big whether you have the resources or not, as long as you love what you do and you do it well, God will surely send a person your way that will discover you and your talent, and will help you “climb up the ladder” & Step up: Rise up and Dance inspired me to be serious about my fitness goal.
So, watching movies can be a great way to release stress and learn as well. Moreover, Painting and drawing, surprisingly has many emotional and mental benefits as well. So use your time wisely and live life even through those hard times. Don’t be mean to yourself.
5. I like to write inspirational quotes to myself and paste it on the wall, or anywhere visible so i can always see it, and be reminded of it. If you have watched “Being Mary Jane,” you will notice that she always has these notes plastered on her mirrors and at her job, and whenever she is going through something she would grab one with a powerful quote or positive affirmation. This little act made me realize the power of positive affirmations and i have incorporated it into my life. It could be a sentence, paragraph or 3 words, as long as it means something powerful to you. It really helps, because you are basically declaring and decreeing goodness and blessings into your life. And there is power in words, if you have Faith.
Try it, you can thank me later!😊
🎇So, remember you are not alone in this life journey and all that it comes with, the fact that people do not show their sad and/ or down moments especially on social media, does not mean they have it all figured out, and are the most luckiest people in the world. Nah!, they just don’t want you to see what goes on behind the scenes of their glamorous and “perfect” life – and that is okay, because it is their business. But don’t hurt yourself mentally or compare yourself with, or, to anyone for those reasons. Shine in your zone, be a light in your own life. Be smart & make wise decisions ; Flee & resist temptations and most importantly, Be yourself and Blossom & Shine Always.🎇
PS. Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog for more awesomazing content😜
Until my next post,
Stay Awesome and be Blessed ✌